Thursday 8 May 2014

Desert Island Books...



Another fantastic desert island book selection for you, courtesy of Assistant Librarian Alison Evans who works at our Swansea Business School library.


The 4 books I’d take with me.  I may have cheated a bit here, by listing book series rather than books - but come on, just FOUR books …??! 
.   Wolf Hall / Bring up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel.  Un-put-downable books by one of my favourite authors - will also remind me of some of the best productions I have seen on stage.

.   The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson.  Not that I probably need it, as I am just about word perfect - with voices!  I have read this book aloud at bedtime many, many times.  It will bring back happy memories.

.   The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams.  To remind me of the absolute madness of the world I have left behind.

.   Hmmmm  …  the last one will have to be something that will keep me occupied for a long stretch of time.  So, it’s probably got to be The Hobbit / The Lord of the Rings / The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.  It would probably take me something equivalent to a Middlearth Age to work out all the complicated mythology …!

The character I would bring to life:
No question - the clever mouse from The Gruffalo.  He would be excellent company and so wily that he would know lots of ways to keep us well fed, safe and happy …


My luxury item:
Ice cream to keep us cool – vanilla flavour, not owl …


The book I would bring back:
The Gruffalo, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment